Delicious Vegan Recipes – Feisty Green Beans
Category : Vegan Recipes
When it comes to delicious vegan recipes for side dishes, you will be hard pressed to find a better recipe than this one for feisty green beans! It contains multiple ingredients, but these vegan recipes are not difficult to make!
- 1 pound green beans, thinly sliced 1/2 cup / 2.5 oz / 70g golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/3 cup / 80 ml white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Scant 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup / 3/4 oz / 20g sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup / one handful of finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Start making these vegan recipes by boiling the green beans in water for 2-3 minutes. Drop them in ice cold water, drain, and set aside. In your largest skillet, heat the oil, garlic, onion, and bay leaves. Allow them to cook for 5 minutes. Add the wine, and allow the ingredients to cook until most of the wine has evaporated. Remove the bay leaves.
Next, add the paprika, cumin, coriander, curry powder, salt, crushed red pepper flakes of these vegan recipes. Add the tofu and cook until the tofu is heated through. Add the butter and green beans and cook until the butter has melted. Remove the ingredients from the heat, and stir in the sour cream, almonds, and cilantro. Sprinkle the top with cilantro before serving!