Delicious Vegan Recipes – Rosemary Olive Oil Cake
Category : Vegan Recipes
You do not need to use a specialty olive oil for these vegan recipes, but you should find one that provides a lot of flavor, so your cake will be that much better. These vegan recipes for rosemary olive oil cake take roughly 60 to prepare and bake, and the recipe makes 8-12 servings.
- 3/4 cup / 3 oz / 80g spelt flour
- 1 1/2 cups / 7.5 oz / 210 g all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup / 4 oz / 115g sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup / 240 ml olive oil
- 3/4 cup / 180 ml whole milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 5 ounces / 140 g bittersweet chocolate (70% cacao), chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar for top crunch
Start preparing these vegan recipes by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. The dry ingredients should be sifted together in a bowl and set aside. In a different bowl, the eggs should be whisked together thoroughly, and then you can add the olive oil, milk, rosemary, and whisk again. Approximately, 2/3’rds of the chocolate should be added.
The batter should be poured into a prepared pan, and the remaining bit of chocolate should be added to the top. Next, add the sugar on top. The batter should then be allowed to bake for 40 minutes. If you would like to add more color to the top of the cake, allow the cake to cook under a broiler for 2-3 minutes to caramelize the sugar. Serve while warm!