Delicious Vegan Recipes – Sesame Yogurt Pasta Salad
Category : Vegan Recipes
These vegan recipes for sesame yogurt pasta salad are worth the few moments of your time they will take to make! Once of the best parts of these vegan recipes is that you can easily prepare it a day or two ahead of time and stick it in the fridge until ready to serve!
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml warm water
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/2 cup / 120 ml plain or Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Fine grain sea salt
- a big handful of broccoli florets
- a big handful of cauliflower florets
- a big handful of green beans, cut into 1 1/2-inch segments
- 1/2 pound / 8 oz / 225 g stuffed pasta (ravioli, etc)
- A big handful/scoop of cherry tomatoes, raw or roasted
- A small handful torn basil and/or cilantro
Start making these vegan recipes by bringing a big pot of water to boil. While the water is heating, add the garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, and turmeric for the sauce in a sauce pan over medium heat. Transfer this mixture to a medium mixing bowl and stir in the water, tahini, yogurt, lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Then set it aside.
Add the broccoli, green beans, and cauliflower to the pot of boiling water. Boil for one minute and then remove. Add the water to the pasta. Cook until it is al dente. Drain off the excess water and then add the vegetables and noodles together. Add half of the prepared sauce, portion it out, add a dab of basil leaves, and serve!