Delicious Vegan Recipes – Walnut Miso Noodles
Category : Vegan Recipes
These vegan recipes for walnut miso noodles are full of a delicious variety of textures and flavors, from the creamy walnut miso sauce to the whole wheat noodles. If you are looking for vegan recipes that are perfect for a crisp, fall day, then this one might be just what you are looking for!
- 4 ounces whole wheat spaghetti or linguini (or soba)
- 1 small bunch of asparagus, sliced thinly (1/4-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons mellow white miso paste
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 big pinches salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup+ warm water
Start preparing these vegan recipes by cooking the pasta per package instructions. A minute before you are going to drain the pot, add the asparagus to the pot and let it cook for a moment. Drain the pasta and asparagus in about ½ of the walnut miso dressing.
To make the dressing for these vegan recipes, puree the walnuts, olive oil, garlic, miso paste, vinegar, and honey. The mixture should achieve the consistency of heavy cream.
Once you are ready to serve the meal, finish off the walnut miso noodles with with sliced green onions, a bit of sauteed slivered rainbow chard leaves & chopped stems, a few toasted walnuts, and some chives. Serve these vegan recipes immediately.