Vegan Diet Recipes – Baked Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
Category : Vegan Diet
It can be difficult to find vegan diet recipes for breakfast that are both delicious and nutritious. Fortunately, this vegan diet recipe for baked oatmeal breakfast bars is one that is guaranteed to be a hit with you and your kids!
- 2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup milled flax or wheat germ
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar or raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, optional
- 1/2 cup fat substitute (I use pureed avocados, but have also used bananas and raw peanut butter)
- 1/2 dried fruit, nuts, flavored chocolate/carob chips, optional
Start making this vegan diet recipe by preheating your oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, flour, flax, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. If using any type of liquid flavoring, add to apple juice. ix apple juice and fat substitute into dry ingredients. Batter will be sticky, and you might have to mix it by hand in the end. Add in fruit, nuts, and/or chips. Press into pan and bake 30 minutes. Cool and cut. These breakfast bars store well in the fridge in plastic Ziploc bags.