Vegan Recipes Miso Sesame Winter Squash
Category : Vegan Recipes
Are you looking for great vegan recipes? Try out Miso Sesame Winter Squash! These vegan recipes are flavor forward, and you will certainly enjoy the unexpected flavor combinations this recipe provides. If you are in a culinary rut, this is a great recipe to jump start your taste buds.
The primary ingredients of these vegan recipes are tossed in a citrus spiked, marinade that is infused with hints of molasses. The sweetness of the molasses is counterbalanced by complex salt flavors of the miso, tamari, and shoyu. A toasted sesame seed backdrop adds an additional measure of taste.
Before starting, preheat your oven to 425 degrees. The squash should be tossed in a bowl with the sesame oil. Afterwards, it should be spread on a well greased baking sheet and roasted in the oven for 40 minutes.
In a medium sized bowl, the molasses, tamari, maple syrup, miso, orange juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, water, and the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil should all mixed together. The tofu should be tossed in, coated, and then set aside.
The squash of these vegan recipes should then be placed in a 2 quart baking dish, and the tofu mixture should be poured over the squash. It should be baked uncovered for roughly 30 minutes. Don’t worry. A good amount of the marinade will boil off. The finished dish should be finished off with toasted sesame seeds.
- 2 pounds delicata squash (~3), halved, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch inch thick pieces
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon tamari or shoyu
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon white or yellow miso
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons water
- 8 ounces organic extra-firm tofu, pressed, cut into 1/2-inch cubes