Vegan Recipes – Tuscan Kale Salad
Category : Vegan Recipes
Doesn’t just the name of this vegan recipe sound delicious? What packs a real punch in this recipe is the lemon pecorino dressing. With just a handful of ingredients, this salad is super simple to make, but it provides a plethora of different flavors for your taste buds. It makes a great lunch recipe, but it is also something you can toss together when you have friends or family members come over.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make the salad:
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale (for ex: black or lacinato)
- 2 handfuls good, homemade coarse breadcrumbs
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus a pinch
- 1/4 cup (or small handful) grated vegan pecorino cheese, plus adiitional for garnish
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus additional for garnish
- Freshly squeezed juice of one lemon (scant 1/4 cup or ~50ml)
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Start preparing the salad by trimming the bottom 2 inches off of your kale leaves and throwing the stems away. The kale should be cut into ribbons that 3/4th an inch in diameter. The kale should create about 4 cups. Put it in a large bowl and set it aside.
Take a mortar and pestle and use it to mince the garlic and the salt until it forms a paste. Put the garlic in a small bowl. Add 1/4 cup vegan cheese, 3 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, pinch of salt, pepper flakes, and black pepper and whisk to combine. Add the dressing to the kale leaves and toss them well to ensure they are well coated. Top the salad with additional bread crumbs, additional vegan cheese, and a small drizzle of oil. Enjoy!